Whether it's for school work or court-ordered we allow volunteers to complete their community service hours with our organization. Volunteers with court-ordered community service cannot complete their hours with us if they have committed:
Felony level violent crime
Felony level robbery or theft
Any crimes against minorsAny sexual offenses
Before any court-ordered community service volunteers can begin, they must meet with our Volunteer Coordinator fill out some required forms. Please call 352-567-1444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
In order for court-ordered community service volunteers to receive credit for their hours, they must follow the community service rules and guidelines listed below. Any court-ordered community service volunteer that does not follow the rules or staff instructions will be asked to leave. He or she will be given credit for hours completed up until that point.
Court-Ordered Community Service Volunteer Rules
- Volunteers must sign in when they arrive and sign out when they leave. Failure to sign in or out will result in no credit being given to the volunteer for the day.
- Volunteers may only use cell phones while they are on break, but cell phones are not to be used in public areas. If a volunteer is caught using a cell phone while working, he or she will be asked to leave for the day.
- Volunteers must wear proper attire. Closed toe shoes are required. Any vulgar, offensive, or revealing clothing is not allowed. Volunteers will be sent home if they are not wearing proper attire.
- Loud, abusive, or foul language will not be tolerated.
- When volunteers have completed a task, they must find a staff member to be given another.
- If a volunteer takes a break for more than 15 minutes, they must sign out and sign back in. Failure to sign out or in for a long break will result in no credit being given to the volunteer for the day.
For more information about community service, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 352-567-1444 ext 1305 or email@example.com