Volunteer with Habitat
Sign up for a volunteer orientaton by email@example.com or 352-567-1444 ext 1305
Where can I help Habitat?
ReStore: We need volunteers to sort through inventory, stage our showroom, help customers, test appliances, clean, design our merchandise displays, work on online selling projects, and much more! We can always use your help! Volunteers are welcome to come and work Monday – Saturday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Volunteers must be at least 16 years old.
Construction: No experience is necessary to volunteer on our construction site! There are many tasks that require only a willingness to learn and work with others. On-site construction is the most popular of Habitat's volunteer opportunities. We make every effort to incorporate all volunteers regardless of skill level; however, you must be at least 16 years old to work on the construction site. Grab your hammer and join in!
Special Events: Dedicated and hardworking volunteers are one reason why our special events are so successful! Often times, we are in need of volunteers to help us plan, set up, run, and clean up after fundraisers, golf tournaments, etc.
Group Opportunities/Team Building
Groups, churches, organizations, and businesses are welcome to reserve a day or multiple days at one of our job sites. To schedule a group of 5 or more, please email our Director of Volunteer Services , Jere at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 352-567-1444 ext 1305.
KEY VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
Dedicated and regularly scheduled volunteers are needed in the following areas.
- Program Office Volunteer - Essential duties include: answering phones, greeting walk ins, collecting homebuyer applications, social media management, updating website, data entry, sorting mail, assisting with annual appeals in our Program Office. If interested, please click here.
- Photographers - Volunteers are needed at various times throughout the year to photograph Habitat families and/or events. The ideal candidate will have professional-level, digital equipment and a great "eye." This position is perfect for those artist types who want to help our mission and aren't afraid to engage people. Applicants must be willing to adhere to a shot list and able to turn photos in promptly. Must have Internet and email access. If interested, please click here.
- ReStore Cashier - A long-term volunteer is needed to assist the ReStore. We're looking for an individual who can commit four to six hours per day, one to three days per week. Essential duties include: processing customers with purchases at the cash register and assisting ReStore staff with front desk tasks. Hours are flexible. If interested, please click here.
- ReStore General Volunteer - Essential duties include: loading and unloading of purchases and donations, preparing donations for resale and cleaning and organizing merchandise on the sales floor. If interested, please click here.
- ReStore Household Items Donation Processing Associate - Essential duties include: preparing items for resale by cleaning, polishing and tightening screws, pricing items and moving merchandise on the sales floor. If interested, please click here.
You may email email@example.com for volunteer positions.